Sunday, September 18, 2011

Rudolph and Isadora, Part 74

     "Okay," said Julien softly. "Where do you need to go? I'll take you there."
     "My friend is staying in the town of Tennur. I have to reach him as quickly as possible." Well, no going back now, she thought. I will find Quin and figure out what to do from there. She shook out her golden curls and stood up. Do you have a horse?
     "Better," he replied. "I have a carriage. It's waiting in town." He took her hand and gently led her back toward the center of town. "Will you at least tell me your name?"
     "Carolina," she said, looking up at him.
     "Such a pretty name. I feel like I recognize your voice. Where are you from?"
     "I... um... The woods around Tennur. I live there with... my sister. Jodra." She blushed at her answer. She had not thought to prepare for the question, although she realized she should have.
     "How nice. I'm not quite as familiar with Tennur. Is it nice there?" At this point, Isadora could tell, he was just chatting rather than being truly interested.
     "Oh yes. It's very nice. How about yourself?"
     "I live outside of town a bit. My name is Julien Bellon."
     Isadora bit back a gasp. "Would that be... Lord Julien Bellon?" No wonder he had recognized her!
     "Why, yes. But I just go by Julien. Ah, look! We're almost there."

No comments:

Post a Comment