Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Part 2

It was a long walk into the woods, where three horses were patiently waiting, tied to a tree. The trek did not bother me, though. There were no thoughts, only the steps I took.
When we reached the horses, one of the men roughly pulled the pack form my shoulders and strapped in onto one of the horses, which already bore supplies on its back.
I was lifted onto the tallest horse, a man sitting behind me, his large arms keeping me in place, keeping me from escaping.
As if I would try to escape. Escape to where? I had already been alone when they came for me, there was nothing to go back to. I could only think of the present, only think of the feel of the thick horse hair bristling beneath my skirt. There was no past, there was no future. Everything was laid out before me in the coming dawn.
I nodded off into sleep, the last image before my eyes a thin winding trail of coarse dirt that my horse gently padded over.

No comments:

Post a Comment